Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Currently looking for skilled individuals to fill a Direct Hire Senior Mechanical Design Engineer opening with a company located in Plymouth, MN. Interested candidates should have 8 years of experience metal fabrication job shop or the electrical distribution industry and able to understand the technical needs of the clients through conversational interaction and onsite visits with sales reps, engineering, customers, and production personnel.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Job Description:
- Design and develop released drawings as well as the associated documentation and specifications for all new and existing projects.
- Provide daily leadership, guidance, and communication to the mechanical team regarding project prioritization, staffing assignments and resource allocation.
- Efficiently and effectively design and create 3-D models of custom parts and products for electrical distribution equipment to comply with industry standards using Inventor CAD software.
- Produce manufacturing drawings from 3-D models using Inventor CAD software.
- Program equipment for metal fabrication using Radan Post Processing software.
- Collaborate with other project members in a consolidated effort to meet project estimated costs, schedules, and quality requirements to achieve total Customer Satisfaction.
- Help develop, generate, and update the technical and manufacturing standards of current and new products to achieve higher productivity and lower costs.
- Respond to Manufacturing Operations to resolve daily design requests/questions.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date customer/project account list with detailed information about all projects.
- Specify material requirements and create accurate BOM’s for purchasing, engineering, and manufacturing purposes.
- Assist with onsite field measurements for custom electrical distribution equipment solutions.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Job Requirement:
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Associate degree in Mechanical Design or B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 8+ years previous experience in a custom metal fabrication job shop or the electrical distribution industry is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a variety of manufacturing and staff assignments is preferred.
- Technology requirements: Working knowledge of 3D modeling software (Inventor preferred), Radan, AutoCAD and use of ERP computer system (Visual preferred).
Compensation for Senior Mechanical Design Engineer:
The starting salary for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer position is $78,000-$85,000 annually.