Location: Minneapolis, MN
Brooklyn Park, MN
Currently looking for skilled individuals to fill Metal Finisher openings with a company located in Brooklyn Park, MN. Interested candidates should preferably have manufacturing experience, be able to stand for up to 10 hours, and the ability to use power tools.
Metal Finisher Job Description:
- Operate hand grinder/polisher
- Use disc grinder to smooth out or grind parts prior to shipping
- Grind or clean weld joints of work pieces
- Transfer equipment to specified areas
- Assemble component parts using hand and small power tools
- Change hoses, fittings, air valves, etc.
- Maintain a clean workspace
- Follow safe work practices to meet deadlines
Metal Finisher Job Requirement:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Proficiency to read, understand and speak English
- Ability to understand and apply polishing/finishing techniques
- Ability to work quickly and skillfully
- Strong understanding of set up techniques as related to a machine shop
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Ability to spend 95% of the day standing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance
Compensation for Metal Finisher:
The starting salary for the Metal Finisher position is $17-$22.00 per hour.