We are actively recruiting for Machine Operator candidates for a temp to hire opportunity with a global company and a globally recognized leader in the field of industrial automation. Interested candidates should have machine operating experience and the ability to understand mechanical drawings.
Machine Operator Job Description:
- Pull and set-up stencils.
- May build carts and desks as needed.
- Checks materials for quality and prepares them for loading into the machine.
- Sets up the machine for engineering builds.
- Conducts cycle counting.
- Prepares machine for production by gathering and loading appropriate reels and entering into inventory control systems.
- Remove and put away previous reels after line change.
- Inspect, measure, or test completed metal workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using measuring and testing devices.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls, or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Read schematics, SOPs, and production schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications.
- Load or feed panels into machines.
- Remove workpieces and parts from machinery after work is complete.
- Clean, lubricate, maintain, and adjust equipment to maintain efficient operation, using air hoses, cleaning fluids, and hand tools.
- Set dials and timing controls to regulate electrical current, gas flow pressure, heating/cooling cycles, and shut-off.
- Maintain machine utilization and quality specifications.
Machine Operator Job Requirements:
- High School education or better
- Knowledge of safe machine operation practices
- Knowledge of basic math/calculations
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical drawings, blueprints and/or schematics.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or Optel preferred.
- Attention to detail and quality
Compensation for the Machine Operator:
Compensation starts at $18.00 to $20.50 per hour (depending on shift).