Currently looking for a skilled individual to fill a direct hire Electrical Designer opening with a company located in Plymouth, MN. Interested candidates should have an Associate degree in Electrical Design, effective interpersonal communicate skills and detail orientated.
Electrical Designer Job Description:
- Efficiently and effectively design and create drawings of custom parts, schematics, and products for electrical distribution equipment to comply with industry standards using AutoCAD Electrical software.
- Collaborate with other project members in a consolidated effort to meet project estimated costs, schedules, and quality requirements to achieve total Customer Satisfaction.
- Help develop, generate, and update the technical and manufacturing standards of current and new products to achieve higher productivity and lower costs.
- Respond to Manufacturing Operations to resolve daily design requests/questions.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date customer/project account list with detailed information about all projects.
- Specify material requirements and create accurate BOM’s for projects based on functionality, availability, and cost effectiveness.
Electrical Designer Job Requirement:
- Associate degree in Electrical Design
- 1-3 years previous experience in a custom manufacturing experience or within the electrical distribution industry preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems from 480V to 15kV.
- Competency with use of 2D drafting software (AutoCAD preferred), working knowledge of 3D modeling software (Inventor preferred) and use of ERP computer system (Visual preferred).
- Ability to understand the technical needs of the clients through conversational interaction with sales reps, engineering, customers, and production personnel.
- Detail oriented with the ability to create and record data.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand power tools as well as the ability to take accurate measurements.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
Why work with Moffat Workforce?
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401k Profit Sharing Plan
- Group Life Insurance
Compensation for Electrical Designer:
The starting salary for the Electrical Designer position is $55,000-60,000 annually.