Currently we are actively recruiting for a Distribution Supervisor with a company located in the Plymouth area that is a global leader in process automation. With more than 4,200 employees in 28 subsidiaries as well as sales partners in a further 60 countries, you can be part of a growing international team. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in a warehouse/distribution environment in a Lead or supervisory role.
Responsibilities of the Distribution Supervisor:
- Responsible to supervise and manage all personnel and processes associated with the Pick, Verification/Pack, and Shipping tasks of the Plymouth Warehouse outbound pick line.
- Be actively present in the work area providing direction frequently during the workday to ensure resources are always properly utilized.
- Implement and maintain a daily rigorously choreographed chain of tasks and events to ensure a sustainable outbound process, that meets company requirements, is always achieved.
- Cultivate, coach, and build a staff of capable employees to ensure critical tasks are being done consistently. Develop personnel to advance the skill set of the overall team and leadership within the group.
- Must maintain proper staffing balance on a daily/hourly basis in all areas of the Plymouth Warehouse operation.
- Plan and staff extra shifts to meet company revenue/shipping objectives.
- Monitor and ensure all deliveries are PGI’d on time and research late PGI’s daily.
- Responsible to apply LEAN practices to the distribution operation to maximize efficiency.
- Manage employee PTO and schedule to ensure adequate staffing coverage.
- Ensure proper equipment is present and in working order, distribution supplies are present in sufficient quantities’, and workstations are always properly maintained.
Requirements of the Distribution Supervisor:
- High school diploma, or equivalent in skills and experience.
- Five years of experience in a warehouse/distribution environment in a Lead or supervisory role.
- Working knowledge of standard Distribution KPI’s and metrics.
- Ability to utilize MS Office products to create reports and presentations (high Excel use).
- Understanding and application of LEAN principles.
- Experience working in a tier III ERP WM environment.
Compensation for the Distribution Supervisor
$50K - $60K – Depending Experience.