What to Expect as a Production Manager?
A production manager is expected to have deep know-how in production procedures. The ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance will set you apart as a leader. Decision-making and problem-solving will take up a great part of your day. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of all production lines and the quality of output.
Production Manager typically have these skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations
- 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group
Other Production Manager duties may include:
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
Production Manager in the Twin Cities can make $20-$40 an hour.