What to Expect as an Machine Operator
As a Machine Operator, you will work with heavy machinery from setup to operation. Machine operators might work with computer-controlled equipment or more mechanically based machines to make sure they are set up properly, working well, and producing quality product.
Machine Operators typically have these skills:
- Manufacturing and/or machine operation experience
- Ability to pass a drug and background screen
- Ability to read and understand English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Other Machine Operation duties may include:
- Meet all quality requirements and production standards
- Work from specifications, drawings, and general instructions
- Packaging completed parts for shipment
- Palletizing completed parts
Machine Operators in the Twin Cities can make $14-$18 an hour.