What to Expect in Data Entry:
Data entry professionals use computers and data processing programs to enter information into a database or documentation platform. They may also be required to transcribe data from recordings or phone conversations. While most data entry professionals work electronically, paper documentation may be used as well.
Data Entry typically requires these skills:
- Data entry experience or related office experience
- Basic PC knowledge, MS Word, and Excel
- Excellent organizational and attention to detail skills
- High school diploma or GED
Other Data Entry duties may include:
- Maintain database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
- Process customer and account source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies.
- Resolve deficiencies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents.
- Verify entered customer and account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
Data Entry Professionals in the Twin Cities can make $14 to $20 an hour.