What to Expect as a Call Center Representative
Call Center Representatives are the people you speak with when you call your bank, order a new sweater from a catalog or make airline reservations. They do everything from assisting people with customer service complaints to making telemarketing calls.
Call Center Representatives typically have these skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional customer service, active listening, and verbal and written communication skills, professional phone voice.
- Proficiency with computers and strong typing skills
- Adaptability and accountability
Other Call Center Representative duties may include:
- Building lasting relationships with clients and other call center team members based on trust and reliability
- Use knowledge of company products, services, and policies to assist callers with inquiries, complaints, or problems
- Speak with customers, listen to them gain a better understanding of their needs, and offer possible solutions
Call Center Representatives in the Twin Cities can make $13.50-$20 an hour.