Employment as an Administrative Assistant
As an Administrative Assistant, you will perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing a company’s general administrative activities.
Administrative Assistants typically have these skills:
- Minimum 2+ years of previous experience in general office management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
Other Administrative Assistant duties may include:
- File and recordkeeping of documents
- Read emails and forward and process according to specific instructions
- Greet all visitors as well as telephone and mail communications
- Schedule appointments and support other staff
- Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
Administrative Assistants in the Twin Cities can make $15-$24 an hour.